Join the team
Are you interested in environmental education, species and habitat conservation, and aquatic research? World Fisheries Trust works with fantastic volunteers of all ages, and we are excited to have you join the team!
Volunteers are a vital part of World Fisheries Trust, and we strive to ensure all volunteers find the right fit in our organization. If you are interested, sign up to our Volunteer Newsletter below, and we will send you additional information right away.
Getting involved with our volunteer team is a great way to make a difference in your community and for the environment!
Who are WFT volunteers?
WFT volunteers are involved in all of our domestic and international projects. They are:
- Excited about environmental science and education.
- Interested in conserving aquatic habitats – both marine and freshwater.
- Experienced in research methods, education techniques, and/or administrative services.
- Determined to make a difference in their community.
- Knowledgeable or interested in learning about the amazing ecosystems of Vancouver Island and more widely, British Columbia.
- Of all ages. We work with volunteers aged 18 and up!
Interested in Volunteering? Sign up below to receive our volunteer agreement package and keep up to date with opportunities year round.
Volunteer at the Gorge Waterway Nature House.
The Gorge Waterway Action Society manages volunteers for the Gorge Waterway Nature House. This volunteering position is seasonal, from March to October. Volunteers will:
- Provide assistance and information about the local area;
- Lead nature walks, touch tank demonstrations, watershed demonstrations and other interactive activities
- Develop education programs and activities within the park;
- Operating a small concession stand and resource store;
- Assist with planning and hosting events at the Nature House and in the community;
- Keep and create documentation and records for reports.
If interested, email firstname.lastname@example.org directly.
Thank you to everyone that applied. Unfortunately, we did not receive the funding for these positions. Please keep checking back for upcoming opportunities or check our volunteer options.